The Main Difference Between AK500+ with SKC Calculator and Old AK500 Pro:
1) AK500+ with SKC (SK110) has no 8PIN EEPROM adapter holder, because AK500+ with SKC only needs to read out EIS data and send the data to SKC calculator to calculate, then complete key matching;
The old version AK500 has 8PIN EEPROM adapter holder to help read and write ESM data, because AK500+ needs to de-solder EIS, ESM and ESL ECU when it makes Mercedes Benz key.
2) AK500+ with SKC (SK110) support more car models than old version AK500.
3) AK500+ pro can't make key if without SKC calculator; while old version AK500 pro can make key.
4) AK500+ pro with SKC calculator doesn't contain external EEPROM (M95xxx), so it does not need to deal with M95xxx, because AK500+ pro contains SKC calculator, after ak500+ read out EIS data and send it to SKC calculator to calculate, the key data is acquired; The old version AK500 key Pro contains 95XXX, AK500 need to remove chip 95XXX and weld it on the 95XXX adapter.
AK500+ key programmer FAQs:
Q1: What information needed when I want to buy the blank car key?
A1: there are three pieces of info needed: the original car’s specific model, key appearance and Hertz (HZ). By the way, if you don’t know the key Hertz (HZ), the Remote Master can test out or the 4S shop can help you.
Q2: What is AK500+ moveable Hard Disk used for?
A2: It is used when generating key data. If you have SKC the moveable Hard Disk won’t be used, otherwise it will be used.
Q3: Does the SKC calculator in the AK500+ with SKC contain software and hardware?
A3: Yes, it does.
Q4: Where to watch AK500+ Video tutorial and user manual?
A4: After installed the software, right-click the "AK500+_exe"-property-find target, then you will see the video and user manual.
Q5: How to make Mercedes Benz key?
A5: the way to make new Mercedes Benz key and old Mercedes Benz key is not the same.
1. The steps to make new Mercedes Benz key with AK500+ Pro with SKC:
-Desolder CPU 1 from EIS
-Read data from EIS - CPU 1
-Open SKC Calculator
-Download the bin file
-Select keys for calculating result
-Calculate keys (About 7-10 minutes)
-Close SKC Calculator
-Open AK500+ again
-Click Step 4 to write the key option via IR
-Insert the key
-Load key dump file
-Click on programming
2. The Steps to make old Mercedes Benz key with AK500+ Pro with SKC:
1). Remove the NEC chip from the old key
2) Put the removed NEC chip on the NEC adapter of the AK500+ pro
3) Ensure the chip direction is correct, and clean up the tin on the chip angle
4) Open the software and choose "Renew"
5) Write into the NEC chip with the key data generated by SKC Calculator, the key is that your car will use.
Q6: The used Mercedes Benz key can be used again? How to clear the data from the used key?
A6: Some used keys can be used again and some ones can’t be used again. If your used key can be used again, please remove the key chip, and in the software there is "renew key", for the detailed operation steps, follow the above FAQ.
Q7: Can AK500+ Pro support the following two functions: 1). Read and write NEC KEY via Infrared.
2). Fast erase NEC CHIP via socket.
A7: 1). "Read and write NEC KEY via Infrared" is only for making old Mercedes Benz key, not for making new Mercedes Benz key.
2) "Fast erase NEC CHIP via socket" is only workable to the NEC chip that can renew, and both the old version AK500 and AK500+ Pro can’t support renewing NEC chip via socket, it needs to remove key, and put the NEC chip into the chip holder.
Q8: Can AK500+ Pro make key for Mercedes Benz car with 722.9 Gearbox?
A8: the AK500+ with SKC calculator (item No.SK110) can do, while AK500+ pro with no SKC calculator (item No.SK111) can’t do.
Q9: How to take EIS away from the car? How to connect EIS to AK500+, how to read out and save EIS data?
A9: Firstly, you are required to be skillful in welding wire. Then please follow the next steps: Open the installed software, select car model and MCU model, you will see the welding wire diagram, read out the data and in the menu you will see the option "Save".
Q10: I want to read out CPU1 from EIS and then I remove CPU1 by welding, then which socket I should put it on? Or you can read EIS by connecting the cable?
A10: There are two methods; usually we use the way of welding wire to deal with: after installed the software, open it and find the CPU model according to the specific car model, then you will see the related welding wire diagram.
Q11: How to read EIS data?
A11: 1) import the EIS data into SKC calculator; 2) get the key data; 3) write the key data into the new key; 4)the car can start now.
Q12: can I use a used key to copy a new key? How to read out the key data from the used key?
A12: No, you can't read out the key data from the used key and write into a new key. To make a new key you have to read out the EIS data from the car.
Q13: Can AK500+ pro read and write Motorola and NEC key?
A13: AK500+ pro can only read and write NEC key.
Q14: How can I use AK500+ to make old key unavailable?
A14: No, AK500+ can’t make old key unavailable.